Knee Ligament ACL Reconstruction Surgery
in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and SwitzerlandHigh-Quality treatment, affordable treatment, fast appointment organization, short waiting times, by our personal assistance service and but also an exclusive premium service can be obtained at GermanyHealth at best hospitals in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland. More than 25 hand picked, certified and trusted orthopedic hospitals in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland for arthoscopic knee ligament ACL reconstruction surgery, 25 well selected German orthopedic experts for ACL ligament surgery and a competent care team, supports international patients from abroad to access German, Austrian, Czech or Swiss hospitals easy and simple to receive high quality healthcare.
GermanyHealth is cooperating and networking with well-trusted and experienced orthopedic doctors and worldwide recognized and certified hospitals in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland only.
What is the anterior cruciate ligament ACL?
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is one of four major ligaments in the knee joint and perhaps the most important. The ACL ligament allowing the knee to bend and twist without discomfort or limited motion. The anterior cruciate ligament can only twist or stretch so far before it becomes damaged or ruptured, which is around 2-3 mm. If the anterior cruciate ligament ACL has been fully torn or ruptured then arthoscopic surgery is usually the best option
What is knee ligament ACL reconstruction surgery?
The knee ligament ACL reconstruction surgery is a tissue graft replacement of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). The surgery is performed to restore the function of the knee after an injury or rupture of the ACL (ACL tear). The ACL reconstruction surgery is performed arthroscopic. Means by instruments and camera followed by small incisions.
Which types of grafts are used in ACL reconstruction surgery?
The following materials of replacement for arthoscopic ACL reconstruction are commonly used:
- Autografts (tissue / tendon harvested from patient’s body)
- BEAR procedure (Bridge enhanced ACL repair) using patient’s blood to simulate healing and reattachment of the ACL (new technique)
Other types, not used commonly in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland:
- Allografts (using tissue from either live donor or cadaver are very common in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland)
- Synthetic grafts (Not very common in Germany and Switzerland)
How long is the hospital stay?
The knee ACL reconstruction surgery can be performed as outpatient procedure or admitted as inpatient. Usually as a patient coming from abroad, you stay 1 to 3 nights admitted for the arthroscopic knee ligament ACL reconstruction surgery. You can add some more day if feel more comfortable with at any time per example.
– We do it by heart –
What happen during the hospital stay after ACL ligament surgery?
The first night and day you stay in the bed and rest. At the second day you will get mild exercise with the knee bending machine to keep all smooth and you can leave the bed on crutches. Not weight bearing or very mild only.
What’s next after I’m discharged from the hospital?
After you got discharged from the hospital you need daily intensive rehabilitation treatments such as physiotherapy and manual therapy for usually 4 to 6 weeks. An appropriate and comprehensive treatment of rehabilitation after your knee ligament ACL reconstruction surgery, you get at one of our leading centers or hospitals for orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Switzerland. Experienced and skilled physiotherapists will take care of you from the beginning.
Cost for knee ACL ligament reconstruction surgery?
In summary, the costs for an arthroscopic knee anterior cruciate ligament ACL surgery:
- Cost for ACL reconstruction surgery or ACL repair surgery in Germany starts at: 8,900.- Euro to 12.900.- Euro.
- Cost for ACL reconstruction surgery or ACL repair surgery in Austria starts at: 8,800.- Euro to 12.500.- Euro.
- Cost for ACL reconstruction surgery or ACL repair surgery in Czech Republic starts at: 5,700.- Euro to 7.900.- Euro.
- Cost for ACL reconstruction surgery or ACL repair surgery in Switzerland starts at: 9,900.- Euro to 15.400.- Euro.
It should be noted that the cost of an arthroscopic knee anterior cruciate ligament ACL surgery in Germany is composed of the following factors:
- Cost of the doctor (cost of surgery – type of intervention and degree of seclusion)
- Cost of anesthesia (length and duration of surgery)
- Hospital costs (fixed assessment costs – basic costs of a clinic – base rate)
- Cost rooms in the hospital (single room, private room or regular hospital room)
- Cost of knee brace
- Some clinics, such as the university clinics, have a special premium for international patients.
According to your ideas and wishes, we can offer you the appropriate hospital or clinic in Germany. Talk to us.